I want to share something with you that will help you to reign in this life. It is both a gift (from God) and a tool that will bless you immensely… And it may even challenge the way you think.
No matter what you find yourself chasing under the ‘proverbial’ sun, God’s righteousness is the one thing that will bring you ultimate joy & satisfaction.… In fact Matthew 5:6 says you are blessed if you hunger and thirst for it.
Righteousness is this wonderful two sided blessing that is both a gift from God… and a means by which we align our lives with the ways of God.
– Imputed Righteousness
– Behavioral Righteousness
“It’s one thing to be gifted with life and righteousness; it’s another thing to live a life, in the pursuit of righteousness.”
As a natural result of pursuing God’s righteousness, we move away from sin & into abundance.
Living in Abundance, is the second half of this story.
For today we are just talking about righteousness, and in a later episode I will come back to breakdown the second part of this formula, but for now I wanted to share it with you.
PR + LA = Becoming More…..it’s a process not a destination.
Pursuit of righteousness + Life Abundant = Becoming More
– 2 Timothy 2:22 – “Flee the evil desires of youth and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.”
A plan for righteousness
- We operate our life from a place of belief & faith in Christ Jesus.
- We can walk in righteousness by doing what God does, by understanding what is good & what isn’t.
- Focus on the Pursuit.
– Matthew 22:37-40 – Jesus said: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
– Proverb 24:16 tells us, “for though a righteous man falls seven times, he rises again, but the wicked are brought down by calamity.”