Looking to the future plans that God has for you is an opportunity to fill your heart with hope for a brighter tomorrow. However, there is another opportunity where your hope can also be filled, and it begins in the present moment. In fact, it starts as a moment in your day, preparing your heart, mind, and even your soul, for the rest of the day. There truly is a wonderful blessing in today. It is a gift from God, and maybe that’s why it’s called the present.
I want to share a brief prayer framework that I use to start my day, each and everyday. The idea behind this prayer is to set my mind in alignment with my spirit. So the ‘woes’ of the world are not leading the charge for the day, but rather the ways of the Lord. This prayer framework allows me to consciously start my day so that as I go through my day, my focus is on what matters most…. Trading in mental chaos for spiritual effectiveness.
– Establishing a 10,000 foot view of your day.
– Jeremiah 29:11 “…I know the plans and thoughts that I have for you,’ says the Lord, ‘plans for peace and well-being and not for disaster but to give you a future and a hope.”
– Colossians 4:2 “Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart.”
– 1 John 4:4 “…greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.”
– Proverbs 23:7 “For as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he.”
– Proverbs 18:21 “The tongue has the power of life and death,
and those who love it will eat its fruit.”