What comes to mind for you when you think of creating security in your life?
Financial Security….. get out of debt, save for retirement?
Physical security….. create an active & healthy lifestyle?
Marriage…. finding a spouse to spend the rest of your life with?
These are all great ways to consider creating security in our life, but even bigger than that, comes the aspect of an overarching security for your life.
Because the truth of the matter is, “where you turn for your security is what you are depending on to keep you secure.”
– What do you turn to, or who do you turn to for security?
– John 4:1-26 ‘The woman at the well.’
– Our ultimate security rests in the Lord.
– Know who he is and what he wants for you.
– Psalm 91. A proclamation of God’s provision.
Here are 3 ways to deal with insecurity:
- Turn to God.
- Embrace your insecurity.
- God’s grace is enough
– 2nd Corinthians 12:9… ‘grace & power all in one.’
– Romans 8:39… ‘His love is forevermore.’
– Psalm 16:11… ‘Pleasures forevermore.’
– Psalm 91:2…’I put my security in you Lord.’